SSL CERTIFICATE CSR CREATION AND INSTALLATION FOR CITRIX ACCESS GATEWAY 4.5
CSR CREATION FOR CITRIX ACCESS GATEWAY 4.5
If you already have your SSL Certificate and just need to install it, see SSL Certificate Installation for Citrix Access Gateway 4.5 further down.
How to generate an SSL Certificate CSR in Citrix Access Gateway
Citrix Access Gateway CSR creation is done through the ‘Certificate Request Generator’ of the ‘Administration Tool’.
- In the ‘Administration TooL’, select the ‘Access Gateway Cluster’ tab and then open the window for the appliance.
- In the ‘Certificate Signing Request’ tab, enter your company’s information as requested.
The ‘Access Gateway FQDN’ field should be the fully-qualified domain name through which your server is accessed externally, or should begin with an * if you are creating a request for a WildCard.
The password that you specify will be the password for your private key.
- Clicking “Generate Request” will generate the CSR file, which is saved to your Citrix Access Gateway as an encoded text document.
You will need to open this file as a text file and copy the entire body of it (including the Begin and End Certificate Request tags) into the online order process when prompted.
- After you receive your SSL Certificate from TRUSTZONE, you can install it.
SSL CERTIFICATE INSTALLATION FOR CITRIX ACCESS GATEWAY 4.5
Citrix Access Gateway SSL installation is done using the Administration Tool.
A pre-built .pem file should have been emailed to you when your certificate was issued. If you did not receive that file, you can download it inside your account by logging in, clicking the order number in the ‘My Certificates’ tab, and choosing the link to download ‘ALL CERTIFICATES (Zip File)’.
If you are unable to locate that file, please refer to our instructions for creating an SSL certificate .pem file before proceeding.
- Once you have located or created the your_domain_name.pem file, you will want to rename it to have a .crt extension (as opposed to a .pem extension).
- Then, from the ‘Access Gateway Cluster’ tab, open the window for the appliance.
- In the ‘Administration Tool’, go to the ‘Access Gateway Cluster’.
- Under ‘Administration’, select select ‘Browse’ next to ‘Upload a .crt signed certificate’.
- Browse to your your_domain_name.crt file from step one and click ‘Open’.
You can alternately install the certificate file through the ‘Administration Portal’ by clicking ‘Maintenance’, ‘Add a signed certificate (.crt)’, and then browsing to the your_domain_name.crt file.
Your SSL certificate installation is now complete.
Note: According to Citrix support, you should be using version 4.5.1 or newer. Older versions have compatibility issues with intermediate certificates.
Last updated: August 4, 2017