CREATE CSR AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR CPANEL
GENERATE CSR – CPANEL
Generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) in cPanel
Article Purpose: This article provides step-by-step instructions for generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) in cPanel. If this is not the solution you are looking for, please search for your solution in the search bar above.
- Log in to cPanel.
- Locate the SSL/TLS Manager and click on it to load.
- Select Private Keys (KEY) from the SSL/TLS menu.
- Select a key size of 2048 bits and click Generate.
- Go back to the SSL Manager main menu and click Certificate Signing Requests (CSR).
- Fill out the CSR form correctly and click Generate.
- Select your CSR from the drop down menu and click View.
- The following is an example of your CSR code:
—–BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST—–
—–END CERTIFICATE REQUEST—–
Now that you have successfully generated your CSR in cPanel you can submit this during the certificate ordering process with GlobalSign. After you have received your certificate please follow the instructions for installing a certificate in cPanel to complete the process.
INSTALL CERTIFICATE – CPANEL
Installing Your Certificate in cPanel
This article provides step-by-step instructions for installing your certificate in cPanel. If this is not the solution you are looking for, please search for your solution in the search bar above.
- Log in to cPanel.
- Locate the SSL/TLS Manager. Click to load it.
- Select Certificates from the SSL/TLS menu.
- Click Upload a Certificate at the top of the page.
- Paste your certificate into the text box provided.
- Click Save Certificate to upload this to your server.
- Click Go Back.
- Download the appropriate GlobalSign Root Bundle Certificate and paste in the bottom text box.
- Click Save Certificate.
- Find your certificate at the top of the page and click the Install link next to your new certificate. Make sure that the three text boxes associated with your certificate file are filled in.
- Finally reboot the server to assign the SSL Certificate to the domain.
Last updated: August 11, 2017