INITIALIZE SAFENET TOKEN
This article will walk you through initializing your SafeNet Token. This is a requirement when you first set up your token. It may also be used in the event you forget the password to your token.
Warning: Initializing your token will delete all certificates off the token. If you have existing certificates on the USB SafeNet Token, they will be removed permanently and will have to be reissued.
- Have a USB SafeNet Token. This is mailed when you order a EV Code Signing, PDF Signing or Standard Code Signing certificate.
- Open the SafeNet Authentication Client Tools.
- Click the Gear Icon on the top right for Advanced View.
- Right click your token (may be named differently) and click Initialize SafeNet Token...
- Choose Configure all initialization settings and policies.
- Create a new password for your token.
Un-check the box Token password must be changed on first logon.
- Click Finish.
- Click OK to acknowledge that all current token contents will be deleted.
- Click OK to when the process is completed.
Your SafeNet Token is ready to have a certificate installed.
Last Updated: March 13, 2017