DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL CODE SIGNING CERTIFICATE
The following article will walk you through downloading and installing your EV Code Signing Certificate. At the completion of this procedure your certificate will be ready to place signatures on drivers, executables, and other files.
- You will need a USB SafeNet Token. This will be mailed to you when you place your order
- Download and install SafeNet Authentication Client drivers
- Plug in and initialize your USB SafeNet Token
- Add GlobalSign URLs to your trusted sites
- For certificate pickup, you must have access to a Windows PC and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Once the certificate is installed on the USB SafeNet Token, you may sign from other platforms such as OS X
DOWNLOAD & INSTALL
- Once your order has been approved, vetted, and you have your USB SafeNet Token initialized, open the pickup link from your pickup email in Internet Explorer.
- Enter the Temporary Pickup Password that was set at the time of ordering as shown below.
- Choose I will use Internet Explorer to create a private key and CSR on my USB SafeNet Token or SmartCard:
- Click Yes when prompted to allow digital certificate operations.
- To install on a USB SafeNet Token provided by TRUSTZONE, select: eToken Base Cryptographic Provider.
- To install on a SmartCard provided by you or your company, select: Microsoft Base SmartCard Crypto Provider.
- Check the box to agree to the subscriber agreement and click Next.
- Enter the password for your USB SafeNet Token. This was set during the initialization process.
- The screen may appear to freeze for a minute or two; do not press the back button on your browser. You should see the light on your USB SafeNet Token blinking. Eventually you will see a message to wait for a while
- Once the token has finished the keypair generation, click the button to Install My Certificate.
- Again click Yes to allow digital certificate operations.
- Finally, click OK when you get the Install Success message.
- You have now finished the installation, but you are not quite done yet. Go to the last step, step 5 and choose below installation guide for Java, Windows or Kernel Mode Driver for Windows.
Last Updated March 13, 2017