IBM HTTP SERVER CSR CREATION AND SSL CERTIFICATE INSTALLATION
Before you can install your TRUSTZONE SSL certificate, you must install the Root and chain (or intermediate) certificates. After you have downloaded all three certificates, do the following.
CSR CREATION FOR AN IBM WEB SERVER SSL CERTIFICATE
- To begin, you will open IKEYMAN to create a key pair and certificate request in the Key Database. You can make a new database for each key and request, or store them all in one database.
- To create a new database, start IKEYMAN, select Key Database File and click on New, then enter your new database name. Hit OK, then enter and confirm your password, and click OK again.
- To create the new key pair and CSR, open your database name in IKEYMAN.
- Choose 'Create', and then click on 'New Certificate Request'. Enter the information in the form given. For keysize, use the greatest size available, preferably 2048 bit.
- When you've completed the form, click OK. Finally, view your CSR, and copy and paste it (including the BEGIN and END tags) into the TRUSTZONE orderform.
- After you receive your SSL certificate from TRUSTZONE, you can install it.
INSTALLAING THE INTERMEDIATE AND ROOT CERTIFICATE
- In UNIX, enter IKEYMAN from the command prompt. In Windows, start the Key Management utility in the IBM HTTP Server folder.
- In the main User Interface, choose Key Database File. Choose Open.
- Select your key database and click on OK.
- Next, enter your password and click OK.
- Click on the link to Signer Certificates in the Key Database content frame. Hit the Add button.
- Choose the certificate you are adding (or browse to find the certificate), then select OK. Begin with the TrustedRoot.crt. If you get a message that this file is already installed, select to continue.
- Next, go ahead and upload the IntermediateCA.crt file in the same manner in which you installed the TrustedRoot.
INSTALLING YOUR SERVER SSL CERTIFICATE (YOUR_DOMAIN_NAME.CRT)
- In IKEYMAN, in your Key Database, click on Personal Certificates, then the Receive button.
- Choose your TRUSTZONE SSL certificate (your_domain_name.crt) from the Receive Certificate from File Box. Then click on OK.
For further assistance, check with IBM as they have a helpful guide for SSL Installation.
Last updated: August 7, 2017