JUNIPER SERVER CSR CREATION & INSTALLATION
Step 1: Downloading your SSL Certificate & its Intermediate CA certificate
- You received an email with the certificate.
- Copy the SSL certificate and make sure to copy the —–BEGIN CERTIFICATE—– and —–END CERTIFICATE—– header and footer Ensure there are no white spaces, extra line breaks or additional characters.
- Use a plain text editor such as Notepad, paste the content of the certificate and save it with extension .cer
- If your intermediate CA certificate for your product is not in the body of the email you can access your Intermediate CA also in a link within that email. Copy and paste the contents of your Intermediate CA into its own Notepad file and save it with a .cer extension also.
Step 2: Importing your Intermediate CA certificate
- Open the Juniper admin console.
- Under System > Configuration > Certificates > Device Certificates. Click Intermediate Device CAs.
3. Click Import CA Certificate…
4. Browse to the location and path of your saved Intermediate CA certificate file.
5. You should see a message confirming that the certificate has been imported successfully. Click Done.
Step 3: Importing your SSL certificate
- Under System > Configuration > Certificates > Device Certificates.
- Click on Pending CSR.
- Under Import signed certificate, Click browse and specify the location and file path of your SSL certificate and then click Import.
4. You should see a message confirming that the certificate has been imported successfully. The Server Certificate should appear in the list of Device Certificates.
Your SSL certificate is now installed on your Juniper device.
For further information visit https://www.juniper.net
Updated: July 30, 2018