LOTUS DOMINO 5.0 CERTIFICATE INSTALLATION
|Please follow these instructions to install your SSL certificate on Lotus Domino 5.0|
LOTUS DOMINO 5.0 CSR CREATION
In order to generate a CSR for Lotus Domino 5.0, please follow these steps:
- Launch the Domino Administration Client.
- Select File-Open Server and select the Domino server you wish to administrer.
- Click the file tab.
- Double click on Server Certificate Administration database.
- From the Administration Panel, click System Databases and choose Open Domino Server Certificate Administration on the local machine.
- Click Create Key Ring.
- Enter a name for the key ring file and a password.
- Specify the components of your server's distringuished name.
- Click Create Key Ring.
- After you read the information about the jey ring file and distinguished server name.
- Click OK.
- Click Create Certificate Request.
- If you want to log information about this request in the Server Certificate Administration application, select Yes in the "Log Certificate Request" field. Otherwise, select No.
- Click Create Certificate Request. (Make sure you choose a key bit size of 2048 bits).
- Enter the password for the key ring file that you specified in step 4.
- Copy/paste the entire contents of the CSR (including the BEGIN and END tags) into our order form.
INSTALL THE INTERMEDIATE CERTIFICATE
- Copy and paste the contents into a .crt file by using a text editor.
- Open the Server Certificate Admin database and click View and Edit Key Rings.
- Click Select Key Ring to Display and enter your server's key ring file.
- Click Create Key Rings & Certificates option in the Server Certificate Admin database.
- Click Install Trusted Root Certificate into Key Ring.
- Enter the server's key ring file name in the Key Ring Information section.
- In the Certificate Label field, enter the the name of your CA.
- Return to the Domino Server Certificate Admin document. Paste your Intermediate Certificate from step 1 into the Certificate from Clipboard area.
- Click the Merge Trusted root Certificate into Key Ring button.
INSTALL YOUR SSL CERTIFICATE
- Once you received your SSL certificate by e-mail, please copy and paste it into a text file and save the file with the .crt extension. (Include the tags —–BEGIN CERTIFICATE—– and —–END CERTIFICATE—–)
- In Notes, from the Administration Panel, click System Databases and choose Open Domino Server Certificate Administration on the local machine.
- Click Install Certificate into Key Ring.
- Enter the file name for the key ring that will store this certificate. You created this key ring file when you created the CSR.
- Either copy and paste your certificate in Certificate Source or select your certificate file.
- Click Merge Certificate into Key Ring.
- Enter the password for the server key ring file and click OK to approve the merge.
Last updated: August 8, 2017