MICROSOFT EXCHANGE 2010 CSR CREATION
|Follow these instructions to generate a CSR for your Web site. When you have completed this process, you will have a CSR ready to submit to Trustzone in order to be generated into a SSL Security Certificate.|
- Open the Exchange Management Console and then select Start > Programs > Microsoft Exchange 2010 > Exchange Management Console.
- Select Manage Databases.
- Select Server Configuration on the left menu. Select New Exchange Certificate from the actions menu on the right.
- When prompted for a friendly name, enter a name by which you can easily remember and identify this certificate. This name is used for reference only (it is not part of the CSR).
- Under Domain Scope, select Next. We advise against using a Wildcard certificate, however, if you do select that box for a wildcard, move to step 7.
- In the Exchange Configuration menu, select the services that will be secured, and enter the names through which you connect to those services.
- At the next screen, you will be able to review a list of the names which Exchange 2010 suggests you include in your certificate request. Your Organization should be the full legal name of your company as officially registered. Your Organization Unit is your department within the organization responsible for SSL.If you do not have a state/province, enter the city information again.
- Click Browse to save the CSR to your computer as a .req file. Click Save. Click Next. Click New. Click Finish.
- Open the CSR text file you created (c:\mail1.trustzone.req) in a simple text editor, such as Notepad. You will need the contents of this file during the SSL certificate purchase process. Below is an example of what your CSR will look like—–BEGIN NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST—–
MIIDVDCCAr0CAQAweTEeMBwGA1UEAxMVd3d3Lmpvc2VwaGNoYXBtYW4uY29tMQ8wDQYDVQQLEwZEZXNpZ24xFjAUBgNVBAo TDUpvc2VwaENoYXBtYW4xEjAQBgNVBAcTCU1haWRzdG9uZTENMAsGA1UECBMES2VudDELMAkGA1UEBhMCR0IwgZ8wDQYJKo ZIhvcNAQEBBQADgY0AMIGJAoGBAOEFDpnOKRabQhDa5asDxYPnG0c/neW18e8apjOk1yuGRk+3GD7YQvuhBVS1x6wkw1D2R nmnZgN1nNUK0cRK7sIvOyCh1+jgD7u46mLk81j+b4YSEmYZGPLIuclyocPDm0hXayjCUqWt7z6LMIKpLym8gayEZzz9Gn97 PsbPkVFBAgMBAAGgggGZMBoGCisGAQQBgjcNAgMxDBYKNS4xLjI2MDAuMjB7BgorBgEEAYI3AgEOMW0wazAOBgNVHQ8BAf8 EBAMCBPAwRAYJKoZIhvcNAQkPBDcwNTAOBggqhkiG9w0DAgICAIAwDgYIKoZIhvcNAwQCAgCAMAcGBSsOAwIHMAoGCCqGSI b3DQMHMBMGA1UdJQQMMAoGCCsGAQUFBwMBMIH9BgorBgEEAYI3DQICMYHuMIHrAgEBHloATQBpAGMAcgBvAHMAbwBmAHQAI ABSAFMAQQAgAFMAQwBoAGEAbgBuAGUAbAAgAEMAcgB5AHAAdABvAGcAcgBhAHAAaABpAGMAIABQAHIAbwB2AGkAZABlAHID gYkAk0kfHSkr4jsEVya3mgUoyaYMO456ECNZr4Cb+WhPgexfjOO5qwOG1oDOTaKycrkc5pG+IPBQnq+4cotT8hWJQwpc+qG b8xUETpxCokhrhN5079vFXq/5dsHkmtOTwkSqSnz9yruVoxYeDQ8jI3KG3HTgxwFto8oZnm+E+Y4oshUAAAAAAAAAADANBg kqhkiG9w0BAQUFAAOBgQAuAxetLzgfjBdWpjpixeVYZXuPZ+6jvZNL/9hOw7Fk5pVVXWdr8csJ6JUW8QdH9KB6ZlM4yg8Df +vat1/DG6GuD2hiIR7fQ0NtPFBQmbrSm+TTBo95lwP+ZSZTusPFTLKaqValdnS9Uw+6Vq7/I4ouDA8QBIuaTFtPOp+8wEGB HQ==
—–END NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST—–
- Purchase the SSL certificate. A comparison of TRUSTZONES’s SSL certificates is available to help you select the appropriate option.
- Submit the contents of the CSR. During the purchase process you will be asked to copy and paste the contents of the CSR file into a field then complete the certificate request form and wait to be contacted by a member of the TRUSTZONE vetting staff. If you order a Business SSL, Business SSL Wildcard or EV SSL you will be contacted via phone. If you have ordered an Express SSL or Mobile SSL you will receive a confirmation mail.