MICROSOFT IIS 5 & 6 CERTIFICATE INSTALLATION
Please make sure you have completed the following before attempting to install your certificate:
Please follow these instructions to install your SSL certificate on Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0 & 6.0.
- Once you received your SSL certificate by e-mail, please copy and paste it into a text file (with Notepad or Wordpad) and save the file with the .crt extension. (Include the tags —–BEGIN CERTIFICATE—– and —–END CERTIFICATE—–)
- Open Internet Information Services Manager (IIS).
- Expand Internet Information Services if needed and browse to the Web site you have a pending certificate request on. Right-click on the web site and click Properties.
- Click Server Certificate under the Secure Communications section in the Directory Security tab.
- On the Web Server Certificate Wizard, Click Next.
- Choose Process the pending request and install the certificate.
- Click Next.
- Type the full path and filename of your .crt file (from step 1).You may also browse to the file, Click Next.
- Verify the certificate details and click Next.
- You will see a confirmation screen. After reading this information, Click Finish.
Last updated: August 23, 2017