MICROSOFT IIS 7 CSR CREATION
|In order to generate a CSR for Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0, please follow these steps:|
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS).
Select Control Panel > Select Administrative Tools.
Start Internet Services Manager.
- Click Server Name
- From the centre menu, double-click the Server Certificates button in the Security section
- Select Actions menu (on the right), click on Create Certificate Request
- Now the Request Certificate wizard will appear
- In the Distinguished Name Properties window, enter the information as follows;
The Common Name field should be the Fully qualified Domain Name (FQDN) or the web address for which you plan to use your SSL Certificate.
Enter your Organization and Organization Unit names in the fields provided
Enter your City/Locality, Stat/Province and Country/Region details.
And click Next
- In the “Cryptographic Service Provider Properties” window, leave both settings at their defaults (Microsoft RSA SChannel and 2048) and click Next.
- Enter a file name and location to save your CSR to. You will need this CSR to enroll for your SSL Certificate. When done Click Finish
- Your CSR will now be saved to the location you selected, in the file you named. When you come to request a certificate you will need the information inside the file, so please make a note of it.