MICROSOFT IIS 7 CERTIFICATE INSTALLATION
Please make sure you have completed the following before attempting to install your certificate:
Please follow these instructions to install your SSL certificate on Microsoft Internet Information Services 7.0.
- Open Internet Information Services 7.0 (IIS 7.0).
- Click Start.
- Open Control Panel.
- Select Administrative Tools.
- Start Internet Services Manager.
- Click Server Name.
- From the center menu, double-click “Server Certificates” in the “Security” section.
- Select the “Actions” menu from the right and click on Complete Certificate Request.
- The Complete Certificate Request wizard will appear.
In the wizard, enter the location and name of the SSL certificate you saved to your server earlier and then enter a Friendly Name. The Friendly Name is not part of the certificate itself, but is used by the server administrator to easily distinguish the certificate, then click OK.
After the certificate has been successfully installed to the server, you will need to assign that certificate to the appropriate website using IIS.
- From the Connections menu in the main Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager window, select the name of the server to which the certificate was installed.
- Under Sites, select the site to be secured with SSL.
- From the Actions menu on the right click on Bindings.
- The Site Bindings window will open.
In the Site Bindings window, click Add. This will open the Add Site Binding window.
- Under Type choose https. The IP address should be the IP address of the site or All Unassigned, and the port over which traffic will be secured by SSL is usually 443. The SSL Certificate field should specify the certificate that was installed previously.
- Click OK.
- Restart IIS to complete the installation of your certificate.
Last updated: August 23, 2017